Are you ready for another delicious recipe for your Instant Pot!?
This recipe turned out so good, my whole family loved it! As a family of 5 that doesn’t always happen.
Another good thing is this recipe is super easy to make. Usually anything in the Instant Pot is. That’s why I love it so much!
What inspired me to make this recipe is something I usually make in the slow cooker. It is a roast with onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup and beef broth. I thought why not try it with chicken in the Instant Pot!?
I’m so happy I did!
The prep for this recipe consists of mixing together the onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup and beef broth. Then you poor it over the chicken. That’s it!!
While the chicken was cooking I made rice to go with it. I also toasted up the crispy fried onions.
Once the chicken was done cooking I shredded it. I put it over rice and added the crispy fried onions. It also tastes great over pasta.
Since it’s cooked in the Instant Pot cleanup is also easy. I think it’s way easier than cleaning a slow cooker. The slow cooker is so heavy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet onion soup & dip mix
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup French's crispy fried onions
- Add the onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup to a mixing bowl. Whisk together. Add the beef broth and mix together.
- Add the chicken breasts to the Instant Pot. Pour the soup mixture over it.
- Secure and lock the Instant Pot lid. Make sure the lever is set to seal.
- Press the manual button and set the time for 10 minutes.
- Once the time is up allow it to slowly release pressure for 5 minutes, then release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the Instant Pot and shred. Then add them back to the Instant Pot.
- Add the crispy fried onions to a heated non-stick frying pan. Heat them until they are slightly browned.
- Serve chicken over rice or pasta and add the crispy fried onions on top.
I made this recipe exactly the way it says after I dumped a whole bag of frozen chicken which was 2.5 pounds recipe calls for 2 pounds mixed all the stuff up in a bowl like it said poured over the top I did forget to do the onions but everybody in the house ate it it was enough to feed seven people also the potatoes gratin I didn’t Rice I used eggnoodles Also made the broccoli and cheese and potatoes Au gratin.