I love cooking with my Instant Pot! It’s fast and very easy to clean up.
This creamy chicken pasta is a recipe that my whole family loves. Cooking pasta in the Instant Pot is pretty much the best thing ever!! There’s no need to dirty a pan and a strainer. This whole meal only dirties one pot.
The prep for this is very easy. I cut up my chicken into bite size pieces and added it to the melted butter in the Instant Pot. I also added the minced garlic.
I always use fresh garlic. It is so much better than buying the minced garlic in the jar…in my opinion. I used to use the jarred stuff, but once I tried garlic I never went back.
I cooked the chicken and garlic for five minutes, then removed the chicken from the Instant Pot.
I broke the linguine noodles in half, then added them to the Instant Pot. Next I added the chicken broth and salt. You want to make sure the noodles are covered by the chicken broth. Then I added the chicken on top.
I secured and locked the lid then set it to manual pressure for 8 minutes. Once it was done cooking I did a quick release and removed the lid.
I stirred the noodles to make sure they weren’t stuck together. Don’t be alarmed if it seems like there is still a lot of liquid.
I then set the Instant Pot to saute and added the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. I kept stirring until the cheeses were completely melted.
If it seems like there is too much liquid you can keep it on saute while stirring until it reduces. I let mine saute for about 5 minutes, then it was perfect!
Overall this is a really easy meal and it tastes great. That’s a win in my book! I hope you enjoy it too.
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 oz. linguine pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7.5 oz. chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (not grated)
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the chicken and garlic. Cook 5 minutes or until the chicken is slightly browned.
- Remove the chicken, then break the linguine noodles in half and add to the Instant Pot.
- Add the chicken broth, salt and add the chicken to the top.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid (make sure the steam valve is closed) and set to manual pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the time is up do a quick release of pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir. Add the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese, then turn the Instant Pot to saute.
- Keep stirring until the cheese is melted.