If you’re looking for a crowd pleasing dessert recipe, this Snickers Poke Cake is for you!
This poke cake takes Snickers to another level. I apologize if you don’t like the word “moist” but that really is the best way to describe the cake.
I didn’t do anything fancy, just bought a box of cake. What made it moist and delicious was poking holes in it and filling those holes with sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce.
It’s important to let the cake cool completely. Once it’s cool you can use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake.
Once you have the holes all poked it’s time to add the condensed milk and caramel sauce. Simply pour it over the cake making sure it gets into the holes.
My favorite part of this poke cake is the nougat frosting. I mixed together marshmallow creme and peanut butter to make it. It’s mind blowing good!!
It is a little challenging to spread the nougat frosting. What I do is drop it onto the cake by small spoonfuls, then spread it out with an icing spatula.
So what else needs to be done to the Snickers poke cake? Well of course you have to add Snickers!!
First I drizzled caramel sauce and chocolate sauce on the cake, then I chopped up 15 mini Snickers to crumble over the cake.
Look at this deliciousness!!
Everyone I serve this cake to absolutely loves it. Try it for your next party!
Snickers Poke Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (plus the ingredients needed to make the cake)
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 oz. caramel sauce (plus more to drizzle)
- 13 oz. Marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Chocolate sauce
- 15 Mini Snickers
- Prepare cake mix according to the directions on the box. Let the cake cool completely.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes into the cake. Keep the holes 1-2 inches apart.
- Pour the condensed milk over the cake making sure to get it into the holes. Do the same thing with the caramel sauce.
- Mix together the marshmallow creme and peanut butter. Stir until it is completely blended.
- Drop the frosting by small spoonfuls over the cake. Use an icing spatula to carefully spread the frosting.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce and caramel sauce over the frosting.
- Unwrap the mini Snickers and chop into small pieces, then sprinkle over the cake. Enjoy!