These baked churros are so good, you won’t even miss them being fried! The cheesecake dip really puts them over the top. It’s a delicious combination!
Pretty much anything that has cinnamon and sugar I love. Churros are no exception.
Considering they are usually fried, I wanted to come up with a way to make baked churros and have them be a little bit healthier.
Although the baked churros are slightly healthier, the cheesecake dip probably isn’t the healthiest. But it is SO GOOD!!!!
I don’t think I can ever eat churros again unless I have this cheesecake dip! It’s a combination of cream cheese and caramel sauce.
It’s so simple, yet so delicious!
Ok, here’s how I made the baked churros. I started by buying pre-made pizza dough in a tube. I bought Pillsbury, but any brand will do.
I opened up the pizza dough and laid it on a cutting board. Next I used a pizza cutter to cut it down the middle lengthwise, then cut it into 1″ strips.
Once the dough was cut I melted 3 tablespoons of butter. I used a basting brush to spread the butter over the dough.
I mixed together 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon and sprinkled it over the dough.
At this point you will have some butter and cinnamon sugar leftover.
Next you’ll want to spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Then you will pick up each piece of dough and twist it two times, then lay it on the baking sheet. You can press it down some if it starts to untwist.
At this point I used my basting brush to get butter on the spots that were bare, then added the cinnamon sugar.
The churros shouldn’t be too close together, so you might have to cook more than one batch.
While the churros were baking I started to get the cheesecake dip ready. I put the cream cheese and caramel sauce in a microwave safe bowl.
Waiting until the last minute to finish this is fine since it only gets microwaved for one minute.
That’s all there is to these baked churros and cheesecake dip. I hope you try them and love them!
Baked Churros with Cheesecake Dip
- 1 pre-made pizza dough in the tube (I used Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup caramel sundae syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Open and unroll pizza dough onto a cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to cut it in half lengthwise, then cut it into 1" pieces from top to bottom.
- Melt butter in the microwave. (I put the butter in for 30 seconds at 40% power.) Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Use a basting brush to spread the butter onto the dough, then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over it. You will have some butter and cinnamon sugar leftover.
- Spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Pick up each piece of dough, twist it two times and lay it on the baking sheet. You can press it down if it starts to untwist. (You might have to bake these in two batches.)
- Use the basting brush to add butter to any exposed dough that doesn't have anything on it. Also add more of the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden.
- While the churros are baking, add the cream cheese and caramel syrup to a microwave safe bowl. Cook in the microwave at 50% power for one minute, then stir together.