If you like pina coladas…you will love these pina colada bites!
Well, I can’t guarantee it, but I definitely loved them.
Another bonus is they are easy to make and great for parties.
One thing that makes this recipe so easy is that I bought a store bought angel food cake. I recommend using a serrated knife to cut the cake. The slices come out perfectly clean.
I cut the angel food cake into small squares, about 1″ in size. I bought a fresh pineapple and cut the pineapple the same size.
The most time consuming part of this recipe is toasting the coconut. I find it easy to pop it in the oven at 325 for 5-10 minutes. It makes your kitchen smell like coconut, which I love.
Frosting is another thing I bought for these pina colada bites. You don’t need to use a lot of frosting, it’s more like a glue for the cake to get the coconut to stick.
Last up is the maraschino cherries. I ripped the stem off to give it a cleaner look.
I bought some cute little toothpicks to assemble the pina colada bites. First I put a maraschino cherry on, then I grabbed a piece of the angel food cake and added a little bit of toasted coconut and put that on the toothpick.
The last addition was the pineapple. I added that to the toothpick and my pina colada bite was assembled.
Give them a try and I hope you like them as much as I did!
Pina Colada Bites
- 1 pineapple
- 1 store bought angel food cake
- 1 bag sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 small container of vanilla frosting
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add 2 cups of shredded coconut to a baking sheet. Put in the oven 5-10 minutes, until the coconut is golden.
- Peel and core the pineapple. Cut it into 1" squares.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the angel food cake into 1" squares.
- Rip the stems off of 20 cherries.
- Start to assemble the pina colada bites by adding a cherry. Take a piece of the angel food cake and add a small amount of vanilla frosting, then dip it into the toasted coconut. Add it to the toothpick, then add a piece of pineapple.
- Depending on the size of the angel food cake you should be able to make at least 20 pina colada bites.