I love rice krispie treats! I also love to decorate rice krispie treats especially for different holidays.
I’m not a baker or a fancy treat maker, but I still think these turned out cute. I bought some Halloween shaped sprinkles and orange candy melts from Joann’s. It was just what I needed to turn them into Halloween Rice Krispie treats.
I started out by making the Rice Krispie treats according to the directions on the box. It was 3 tablespoons butter melted with 10 oz. mini marshmallows, stirred together. Then add 6 cups of Rice Krispies and mix together.
I lined a baking pan with parchment paper. That was so I could easily pull them out to cut them once they are done.
You want to make sure you pack the Rice Krispies into the pan really good. To get that done I sprayed some no-stick cooking spray on a rubber spatula. That way the cereal didn’t stick to it.
After the Rice Krispies were in the pan I had to wait for them to cool completely. I let them sit for about 1 hour.
Then it was time to melt the candy melts. I used a double boiler for this but you can also follow the directions on the bag and pop them in the microwave. Once they are melted you want to spread them evenly over the Rice Krispies.
You should work kind of quickly because it doesn’t take too long for the candy melts to harden back up. Once that is done I added the sprinkles.
I let it sit for about 1 hour then it was time to dig in!
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 (12 oz.) bag candy melts
- Halloween shaped sprinkles
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter and marshmallows together, stirring frequently.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Add the Rice Krispies to the baking pan making sure to flatten completely.
- Let the Rice Krispies cool for 1 hour.
- Melt the candy melts and add it on top of the Rice Krispies. Make sure to spread it evenly.
- Add the sprinkles.
- Let the candy melts harden for 1 hour.